Fatigue of aeronautical structures
Physical phenomena - Criteria - Regulation - Reliability
The purpose of this course is to give engineers involved in structure mechanics - expertise and/or design-an enhanced knowledge in fatigue and fracture mechanics.
The physical phenomena are introduced and practical methods and criteria to analyze fatigue in structures are shown.
The course lasts 3 days (21 hours).
This course aims at giving a comprehensive overview of fatigue issues in metallic structures. Fatigue in composite structures is also introduced.
It provides trainees with classical models and criteria of fatigue and fracture mechanics - the Elber’s model for endurance fatigue, the Paris’ law for crack propagation, and so on - but it also gives to the engineers innovative criteria - Strip-Yield model for fracture mechanics, Multiaxial fatigue criteria, and so on.
Classical damage mechanisms associated with fatigue such as fretting and corrosion and processes to improve fatigue life are addressed.
The lecturer also addresses reliability approaches for fatigue and fracture mechanics. The reliability analysis in mechanics is introduced and applied to fatigue problems. Impacts on coefficient of safety for instance are studied.
Engineers with good background in structure mechanics.
Chief Armaments Engineer
DGA Aircraft Structure Engineer
Lecturer at ISAE, IPSA and ENAC.
- Introduction to aircraft loads
- Aircraft fatigue overview
- Fatigue failure cases
- Fatigue generalities
- Fatigue testing
- Fatigue endurance
- Influent parameters on fatigue
- Model of endurance curve
- Complex spectrum
- Engineering approach of endurance fatigue
- Low-cycle fatigue
- Low-cycle fatigue relationships
- Material behavior during cycling
- Low-cycle fatigue testing
- Multiaxial fatigue
- Multiaxial fatigue criteria
- Tresca, Von-Mises type criteria
- Complex spectrum
- Fracture mechanics
- Analysis of cracked bodies
- Static failure, Residual strength
- Fatigue crack growth
- Crack growth rate, influence of stress ratio R
- Short cracks
- Propagation under complex spectrum
- Calculation tools
- Analytical tools : AFGROW, NASGRO
- Finite Element Analysis
- Elasto Plastic Fracture Mechanics (EPFM)
- Fretting - Corrosion
- Fretting fatigue
- Corrosion fatigue
- Cold working and fatigue
- Shot peening
- Hole expansion
- Fatigue of typical design features
- Fatigue of composite material
- Sizing approach of fatigue and fracture mechanics
- Airworthiness Requirements
- Safe Life, Faile Safe, Damage Tolerance
- Reliability approach of fatigue
- Introduction to reliability analysis
- Application to fatigue & fracture mechanics
- Coefficients of safety
- Tutorial cession
Scheduled in French:
TOULOUSE: GME 004.1: NEXT DATE - PLEASE CONSULT US
PARIS: GME 004.2: 14 to 16 September 2020
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€1,640 excluding tax (20% VAT)