Introduction to tactical missiles
This course will provide learners with an overview of tactical missile systems (technical solutions employed and performance capabilities).
The course lasts 5 days (30 hours) and includes:
- Video projections
The theme of this introductory course is to present the main functions/roles involved in the design of tactical missiles and to give an overview of the concept of weapon systems. The priority is to emphasize the description and physical understanding of issues by minimizing mathematical developments.
This course is intended for military or civilian personnel involved in the use or study of tactical missile systems or concerned with some of the functions involved in the design of a tactical missile system and who wish to have an overview .
Course level: Basic
Engineers or senior technicians with general scientific training. A further development course for engineers already initiated in existent missiles (see course AED 033).
Maurice MIRANDE :
Civil Engineer in Aeronautics - MS CALTECH
Former Technical Director at MBDF - Head of development of several missiles.
- Introduction to tactical missiles
- Why tactical missiles? What is a missile?
- Missions, classification and specificities (anti-aircraft, surface-air, air-ground, anti-ship, anti-tank)
- Typical description of a tactical missile
- Principles of weapons system
- The main functions and techniques employed
- Various aerodynamic configurations
- Role of piloting - The different formulas
- Flight guidance
- Role of flight guidance, flight guidance processes (remote guidance, auto-guidance, inertial guidance and GPS) - Guidance laws
- Flight guidance precision: principles of distance - Required maneuverability
- Electromagnetic self-guidance systems
- Infrared self-guidance systems
- Propulsion : principles of the different types of tactical missile propulsion
- Destruction function : components of the chain of destruction: armament and fire safety, proximity and impact rockets, conventional military loads
- Anti-tank missiles - Anti-ship missiles
- Tactical missile weapon systems in use
- Video demonstrations
Scheduled in French :
PARIS : 8 to 12 March 2021
For the English realization : please, contact us.
€2,460 excluding tax (20% VAT)