Precise GNSS positioning by practice
Decimetric positioning by SBAS, PPP, DGPS and RTK
The objective of this course is to teach users of satellite-based positioning systems (GPS, Galileo, etc.) to effectively calculate a decimetric precision position.
At the end of this course, learners will be familiar with the various satellite-based precise positioning solutions. They will be able to implement these solutions using software suite RTKLIB (open source library offering a set of programs for GNSS positioning).
The various sectors invested in accurate GNSS positioning include aeronautics, space, railway and maritime.
The course lasts 3 days (18 hours) and includes : A morning teaching course and an afternoon practical-work session.
Emphasis will be placed on the practical implementation of the methods, the collection of measurements, and the Position, Velocity and Time (PVT) solution.
The theoretical principles will be reduced to the minimum necessary to understand the methods.
Course level: Basic/Advanced
Prerequisites :This course is accessible to engineers and technicians with a basic education in mathematics (minimum DUT or technology degree).
Antoine BLAIS :
Lecturer-Researcher with the SIGnal Processing and NAVigation (SIGNAV) group at the TELECOM laboratory of the École Nationale de l'Aviation Civile (ENAC) or (French) National School of Civil Aviation
Paul THEVENON :
Lecturer-Researcher with the SIGNAV group at the TELECOM laboratory of the École Nationale de l'Aviation Civile (ENAC).
- Summary of GNSS positioning
- System review
- Model of pseudo-distances
- Appraisal of the Position Velocity and Time (PVT) solution
- The multi-constellation
- Practical calculation of the Single Point Positioning (SPP) solution
- GNSS receiver-based data collection
- Overview of software suite RTKLIB
- Calculation of the SPP solution with RTKLIB
- Overview of the principle of differential positioning
- Using Satellite Based Augmentation System (SBAS) fixes
- Differential code: Differential GNSS (DGNSS)
- Phase Differential: Real-Time Kinematic (RTK) and Precise Point Positioning (PPP)
- Real-time differential using the RTCM format
- Practical calculation of differential solutions
- Overview of GNSS correction broadcast networks (IGN, IGS, etc.)
- Recovery of correction files for yesterday's collection
- Calculation of differential solutions (SBAS, PPP, DGPS and RTK) using RTKLIB
Scheduled in French:
TOULOUSE : 8 to 10 June 2021
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€1 740 excluding tax (20% VAT)