High transmission rate satellites - market and technologies
High-Throughput Satellites (HTS) are a new class of extremely powerful and capacitive satellites. The advent of this technology has profoundly changed the Satcoms market. These satellites are capable of delivering unparalleled capacity, enabling satellite networks to compete on services previously reserved for terrestrial networks.
This course is for those working in the telecommunications industry who wish to gain a full and accurate understanding of this technology. At the end of this course, participants will be able to identify and scale the main components of an HTS system, understand the impact of this technology on the satellite market and anticipate future trends.
The course lasts 1 day (6 hours).
The course first offers an overview of the recent developments in the Satcom market, illustrating the growing importance of HTS. The main features of the HTS technology are then explained, both in theory and by studying specific examples drawn from recent current Satcoms affairs. The impact of HTS on the current and future market will be discussed during an open session. Finally, the knowledge gained will be applied to a practical case involving the design of a complete HTS system.
Course level: Advanced
Basic knowledge in satellite-based telecommunications is desirable to fully benefit from this course (graduate-level university or engineering school).
Jonathan GALL :
Architect in Satellite Systems
- History and development of HTS
- Market trends
- History of GEO Satellites ordered and launched in 2017, the 2018 outlook
- Mega-constellation: the new gold rush?
- Systems architecture and rules of design
- Topology of networks
- Multibeam architecture
- Liaison report
- Designing an HTS satellite
- Antenna technologies
- Teleport (Gateways)
- Technological advances: digital processor, electric propulsion, optical links
- Assessing capacity
- Open or closed network?
- Impact on the satellite industry
- Towards cheap satellite capacity?
- Risk of overcapacity?
- Satellite manufacturers
- Ground segment providers
- Practical work
- Exercice : designing an HTS system according to allocated frequencies, targeted capacity and geographical constraints
Scheduled in French:
TOULOUSE: 8 september 2020
(Initially scheduled : 3 April 2020)
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€550 excluding tax (20% VAT)