Introduction to propulsion
Turbo-fan, turbo-prop engine and helicopter turbine
This course deals with the numerous types of engines, the double-flow double-core turbofan principle and the technologies used depending on the engine parts.
The course lasts 1 day (7 hours).
This course is dedicated to engineers and technicians who want to know about not only the turbofan principle but also the technologies and devices used depending on the different engine sub-parts.
The speaker ensures an easy understanding of the various domains.
The slides are well illustrated.
This course is dedicated to engineers and technicians.
Concept and System Architect in DGA (France),
Former head of Simulations and Advanced air system design,
Temporary teacher in aircraft design.
- Types of engines
- Ramjet and pulse-detonation-engine
- Turbo-fans (depending on flow and core numbers)
- Helicopter turbines
- Air intake
- Additional air intake
- Supersonic air intake
- Air duct
- Speed composition in rotors and stators
- Surge (compressor stall) and the protecting devices (inlet guide Vane, variable pitch stator, by-pass vane)
- Combustion chamber
- Injector (pre-vaporisation)
- Cooling (dilution, film-cooling)
- Inverted flow chamber
- Speed composition
- Action and/or reaction turbine
- Blade attachment
- Blades and discs cooling
- Creeping, corrosion
- Variable area nozzle
- Noise reduction
- Different types (doors, grills, shells...)
- Engine sub-systems
- Oil system
- Engine start
- Starting sequence
- In-flight re-start domain
- Materials used in engines and their localizations
Scheduled in French:
PARIS: 18 March 2021
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€590 excluding tax (20% VAT)