Modularizing to improve the efficiency and value of the product
The course helps learners:
- understand the principles and issues of modularity
- learn about the methods and best practices for designing a modular product
- measure the impact of modularity on organizations, professions, tools and corporate governance
The course lasts 1 day (7 hours) and includes:
- Overview of the key principles and definitions
- Overview of methods and tools
- Detailed examples
- Recommendations for effective implementation
- Application of the modularity and system engineering through a serious game in red thread on the modular design of a vacuum cleaner.
Modular design is now perceived as one of the key drivers of competitiveness by many manufacturers. It aims at both creating more customer value and enhancing the efficiency of developments. However, the approaches are varied, and the implementation sometimes difficult.
This course is built on the basis of:
- observing actual industrial practices and applications in different sectors
- advanced approaches from the academic worldand it seeks to understand modularity in a pragmatic way.
At the end of the course, participants will have the keys to assess the relevance and feasibility of a modular approach in their company.
Course level: Advanced
This course is intended for program managers, managers of product competence centers or method managers of technical departments with a good knowledge of product development processes.
Associate - Mews Partners
Former Modular Policy Project Manager for a car manufacturer.
- Introduction: what is modularity?
- The various issues
- The dilemma of modularity
- The question of renewal
- The target model
Conduct, context and definition of the requirements of the serious game (steps 0 and 1)
- Basic concepts
- Definition of the module
- Type of module
- Various architecture
Definition of functional, logical and physical architectures in the case of our game (steps 2 and 3)
- Modular design: Methodology
Implementation of a modular approach by design choice (step 4)
- Risks and conditions of success of modular approaches
- Understanding value
- Strategy, Business Case and Governance
Conclusion of the serious game giving the lessons to be learned
Scheduled in French:
PARIS: 3 May 2021
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€550 excluding tax (20% VAT)