Architecture of detection systems
Overall concept and multi-sensor approach
The aim of this training is to enable participants, whether decision-makers or designers of detection systems, to gain an overview of sensors + system integration.
The course lasts 5 days (30 hours) and includes a half-day visit.
This course aims to give engineers (managers, coordinators, designers, decision-makers and operators) a system overview of this sector in full development.
It describes the main categories of sensors and their specificities in the way they perceive the environment. The aim is to understand what types of information are generated by the different sensors, which determines how a system can then process it. It then presents the main methods for the organization of detection systems, both in terms of the design and architecture of such systems and the merging of results.
These two components of sensor and system constitute a balanced course content.
Course level: Basic/Advanced
General knowledge in automaton, signal processing.
Courses ELA 001, ELA 006, ELA 007 “Radar"
ELA 027 “Infrared” and ELT 029 “Propagation” are useful additional modules.
Deputy Technical Director, Sensor Systems at Thales Systemes Aeroportes
- Introduction - the problem of detection systems
- Functional and technological trends
- Expression of needs for detection targets and objects of interest (type, numbers, rates, cutscenes, environment)
- Interactive exercise sizing a multi-platform monitoring system, analysis of needs, possible solutions and sensor specificities
- Sensor families: radar, optronics, intelligence and electronic warfare
- Active and passive sensors, multi and hyper spectral
- Conditions of employment: environment, propagation, occupation of the spectrum
- Targets or observable signals, phenomenology
- Technical solutions and overall sensor architecture
- Multimode or multifunction sensors
- Signal and data processing in the broad sense (space, time, frequency)
- Nature of information provided to the system and accessible performance
- System architectures
- Collocated or distributed systems
- Integration with CIS
- Concepts (CEC, C4ISR, NCW, ORC)
- Application to the structure of surveillance systems: organization of processing
- Variation of architectures for airborne, naval or terrestrial systems
- Human-machine interface: the operator place in the automation loop(s)
- Multi-sensor merging
- Multi-sensor systems: domain of interest, concepts, peculiarities and specific problems
- Processing for merging: the main theoretical approaches and their use for the joint interpretation of data, their association, their combination, the management of their relevance, the management of reference systems and decision-making support
- Application to discrimination, location and estimation; multi-functional approach
- Examples of application:
- Robotic systems: multi-sensor applications
- Visit to Thales: Presentation of examples of sensors
- Systems design, development cycle
- Tasks for studies, design, simulation
- Tasks of physical and functional integration
- Validation and formula test tasks
- Conclusions and perspectives: the systems of the future
Scheduled in French:
PARIS: Cancelled - Upcoming date, please consult us.
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€1,820 excluding tax (20% VAT)