Satellite control centers and operations
This training course will enable attendees to get the system knowledge relative to the functions, architectures, technologies and performances of the various components of a satellite control ground system (ground stations, networks, control centers). The operations during the different satellite life cycle and mission will also be addressed.
Training course duration: 3 days (18 hours) including:
- 15 hours for presentations
- visits at CNES of a satellite control center and of the Main Control Room.
This training course aims at describing the functions, architecture, technologies and performances of the different subsystems of the control ground segment starting with satellites command and control needs and space-ground interfaces characteristics.
The operation aspects are developed including the different type of orbits and missions.
The emphasis is on technical and operational aspects, taking into account the actual satellites ground systems and the future evolutions.
An illustration is provided by a visit of some CNES facilities.
This training may be a useful complement to the AED17 (SATELLITES TELEMETRY, TRACKING & COMMAND (TT&C) training to learn about ground systems.
Accessible to any engineer /technicians with knowledge in computer science/telecommunications and/or professional experience in ground systems development or satellite operations.
Operation Ground Systems Expert
Head of Generic Ground Systems Department, Products and Grounds Systems directorate - CNES Toulouse
Operation Expert - CNES Toulouse
- System Aspects
- Space systems architecture
- Satellite Mission Phases
- Satellite Command Control Principles
- Space-ground Interface : TT&C standards, Radiofrequency and modulations, Localization/tracking techniques
- Satellite Operations
- The different phases : preparation, LEOP and in-orbit acceptance, routine operations, end of life
- Satellite subsystems and space constraints
- Missions Operations
- Typical Operation Schedule
- Operational teams
- Satellite control Centers
- Functions, architectures
- Hardware and Software technologies
- Design constraints
- Examples of mission control centers
- Evolutions and future roadmaps
- Ground tracking stations
- Functions, architectures
- The different components : Antennas and pedestals, tracking chain, reception chain, ingestion, tests, maintenance and servitude means, monitoring and control, Localization techniques
- Ground stations exemples
- Ground stations networks
- CNES multi-mission ground network: functions and services, architecture, operations, cross support example, evolutions and roadmap
- ICARE communication network: functions, architecture, protocols (CCSDS/SLE,…) remote monitoring and control
Scheduled in French:
TOULOUSE: 27 to 29 November 2019
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€1,610 excluding tax (20% VAT)