Satellites Telemetry, Tracking & Command (TT&C)
This training course will enable attendees to understand the operating principles, techniques and space-ground architectures of command & control systems of satellites.
Training course duration: 5 days (30 hours) including:
- 24 hours for presentations
- 3 hours for practical work
- 1 visit of TT&C tracking stations (CNES Aussaguel).
This training course aims at providing the theoretical and practical basic knowledge necessary to understand Telemetry, Tracking & Command (TT&C) systems for satellites:
- The emphasis is on system aspects, starting from user/mission needs and technical/regulation constraints, down to concrete application examples.
Level: Proficiency course
Engineer/MSc diploma or equivalent with basic knowledge in signal processing and transmission (as acquired for example through MTS011 training course: signal processing).
Senior Advisor for Spacecraft Platforms technologies at CNES (French Space Agency)
Member of the steering group (CESG) of the Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems (CCSDS) in charge of TT&C standards development.
Hervé GUILLON :
RF & Modulation expert " Instrumentation, TT&C and propagation " office at CNES.
- Flight dynamics and orbits
- Kepler’s laws, orbital elements
- Perturbations, orbital maneuvers
- Earth observation and geostationary orbits, station acquisition
- Orbit determination and orbit ground tracks
- Transmission techniques
- Digital modulations : BPSK, QPSK, N-PSK, spectra, coherent demodulation, optimal binary detection
- Channel coding: block codes (RS, BCH, LDPCC, …) and convolutional codes
- Link budget: propagation, noise temperature, signal to noise power spectral density, bit error rate, practical work
- Localization/tracking techniques
- Localization/tracking systems principles, distance measurements, tone telemetry, Doppler measurements, localization errors, autonomous localization by GPS or DORIS
- Standards and regulations
- TT&C standards : CCSDS, ECSS
- Radio communications regulations by ITU-R (International Telecom Union - Radiofrequency)
- Frequency bands allocation
- Frequency publication & coordination procedure, application for the space operation service
- TT&C systems functions
- On-board transmission equipment, transponders
- Data Handling subsystems
- Ground tracking stations
- Space tracking networks architecture
- Examples of Space-Ground TT&C systems architectures
- LEO earth observation satellites
- GEO telecom satellites
Scheduled in French:
TOULOUSE: 30 September to 4 October 2019
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€2,150 excluding tax (20% VAT)