Introduction to the scheduled maintenance of a civil transport aircraft
MRB PROCESS AND MSG-3 METHOD
This course will enable learners to acquire the principles of scheduled maintenance tasks developed as part of the process: the Maintenance Review Board (MRB) and Maintenance Steering Group (MSG-3), as implemented by an aircraft manufacturer with its customers and the authorities.
The course lasts 4.5 days and includes:
- 28 hours of lectures and examples of application.
This course provides a deeper understanding of the modes of organization and methodology applied to the development and evolution of recommendations issued by a manufacturer regarding scheduled maintenance in close collaboration with customers and the authorities.
It locates the initial approach to formulating scheduled maintenance tasks within the broader context of aeronautical maintenance by addressing the different principles regarding scheduled maintenance as well as the costs involved.
Conferences, arranged by maintenance professionals, feature examples of current aircraft manufacturer practices.
Course level: Basic
This course is open to any engineer with a background in aeronautical construction (systems, structure and installations) as well as technicians with professional experience and responsibilities in the field of maintenance.
Learners should be familiar with international aeronautical terminology.
Airbus Project Leader
With the collaboration of specialists from the fields covered.
- MRB (Maintenance Review Board) process
- Maintenance schedules Why/How
- Regulatory frameworks
- Evaluation Method (MSG) - Origins, principles, evolution
- Policy & Procedures Handbook (PPH)
- MRB process - Set up, organization and results (from MSG-3 analysis to MRB reports, etc.)
- Interface(s) with Type Certification - Limitations (ALS, etc.)
- Development exercises
- MSG-3 analysis procedures - Logic and concrete examples
- Systems logic and propulsion systems
- Structure logic
- Zonal logic (Standard, Enhanced & L/HIRF)
- Limitations related to Continued Airworthiness (ALS)
- Change(s) to an initial schedule
- Maintenance documentation
- General information (tasks, regulation, customer expectations, etc.)
- Digital environment - Tools in operation
- Links with scheduled maintenance
- Various manuals
- Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM)
- Component Maintenance Manual (CMM)
- Illustrated Part Catalog (IPC)
- Trouble Shooting Manual (TSM)
- Wiring Diagram Manual (WDM)
- Electrical Standard Practice Manual (ESPM)
- Structural Repairs Manual (SRM)
- Non-destructive Testing Manual (NTM)
- Scheduling of maintenance tasks
- Maintenance Planning Document (MPD)
- Practical use of the MPD/Preparation for visits
- Principles of planning
- Main applicable parameters
- Services offered by manufacturers such as customized maintenance schedules, work permits, etc. (OMP, MTOP, WP, JC/TC, etc.)
- Introduction to maintenance costs
- Principles and terminology
- Guide values
- MSG-3 analysis, scheduled maintenance and maintenance costs
- Changing of a maintenance program - Impact on DMCs
Scheduled in French:
TOULOUSE: 16 to 20 September 2019
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€1,850 excluding tax (20% VAT)