Provide to the participants knowledge of space debris issues and space debris risks management
- Space situation
- Consequences: On orbit risk and on ground risk
- Solutions: Mitigation, Protection, Active removal
- Implementation of regulations, associated models and tools
The course lasts 3 days (18 hours):
- Presentations and discussions: 12 hours
- Exercises: 6 hours
The course is designed to provide to the participants knowledge on the origin of the problem, an understanding of the behavior of orbital debris population and the hazards associated with space debris to on-orbit spacecraft and to persons on ground. The second part will introduce contents and application of space debris mitigation regulations and ways of compliance. The third part will be devoted to tutorial classes providing support to use of models and tools needed for its application.
This course is intended for any people involved in space activities. It is intended firstly for engineers but not exclusively.
Space debris and space surveillance expert former head of cnes space debris office
Former CNES Space safety Expert.
- Space activities mapping, missions, zones of interest, issues, stakeholders, players.
- Risks associated with space operation
- Space surveillance
- Observation means: radar, optical, on-ground or in-orbit, catalogs, models
- Military systems: US STRATCOM, French Air Force
- Scientific facilities
- On orbit
- Re entry
- Risks mitigation
- Mission related objects limitation
- Break up risk management
- End of life operations
- Reentry risk mitigation
- Space operations regulations
- International regulations
- French regulatory frame
- Foreign regulatory frames
- Space agencies standards: NASA, ESA..
- International organizations: COPUOS, IADC, IAASS, IUT
- Standard organizations: ECSS, ISO / CCSDS
- Regulations implementation
- Impact on design and operations
- Implementation difficulties
- Collision avoidance services
- Tools: Presentation and training session
Scheduled in French:
TOULOUSE: 30 September to 2 October 2019
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€1,590 excluding tax (20% VAT)