Introduction to drones
Differents types of fixed-wing and rotary-wing drones
This course will enable those beginning to work in the field of unmanned aircraft to quickly gain a broad knowledge of civilian and military uses, payload types, control stations and the principles of communication.
The course lasts 1 day (7 hours).
This course is for those wishing to have an overview of the different types of drones (both fixed- and rotary-wing) and the related technologies.
It offers an easy way to understand the different areas addressed.
The lectures are very demonstration-focused.
The course outlines the different types of military drone (among others) and so can complement course AED 026 on Combat Aviation.
People wishing to deepen their knowledge in this field will be able to take it with course:
AED 018: Drone systems
Course level: Basic
This course is intended for all types of employees interested in drones: engineers, technicians, salespeople, buyers, management inspectors and administrative staff. No prior training required in the field.
Architect of Aeronautical Systems
Former Head of the Simulations and Aeronautical Design Group
Temporary Lecturer in Aircraft Architecture since 1992.
- Current uses
- Segmentation (drone categories)
- Fixed-wing drones:
- Tactical drones
- MALE (Medium Altitude Long Endurance)
- MALE (High Altitude Long Endurance)
- UCAV (unmanned combat aerial vehicle)
- Rotary-wing drones
- Fixed-wing drones:
- Types of launch (take off, catapult, ramp)
- Types of recovery (landing, parachute, net)
- Examples of ground stations
- Communication between the drone and the control station
- Civil (communication relay, agricultural spreading, etc.)
- Military (SAR radar, optronics, armaments, etc.)
- Integrating drones with air traffic
- Traffic separation
- Collision avoidance
- In-flight demonstrations
- Technological developments and projects
- Rotary-wing long endurance drones
- Pseudo-satellite drones
- Micro-satellite launcher drones
Scheduled in French:
PARIS: 11 April 2019
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€590 excluding tax (20% VAT)