Real-time IT systems
This course will provide training in all the software and hardware techniques sused in the design and realization of real-time computer systems.
The course lasts 5 days (30 hours).
The course is an introduction to real-time computer systems. The aim is to provide engineers and technicians who do not specialize in real-time with a look at the latest developments from the industry to benefit their future projects and discussions with specialists from the field.
Course level: Basic/Advanced
This course is for engineers and technicians who have a basic education in electronics and IT.
Consulting Engineer in Architecture and Open IT Development
Engineer at THALES-ATM, Bagneux.
- The general principles of Real Time
- Features and specification of RT applications and operating systems
- RT operating system designs
- Communications and input/output management
- Management of synchronization, time, access to resources
- RT operating system architecture models
- Real Time and dependability
- The COTS problem (choice guide)
- Real Time and languages
- Interface compilers, run-time... eg C, Ada
- Properties of the production chains
- Compilation, link editing, loaders, etc.
- Analysis of a control-command problem for its deterministic safety Real-Time translation
- Exploration of Real-Time problems affecting safety
- Influence of the compiler/linker/loader group on deterministic real time
- Managing interruptions and language exceptions
- Managing power outages - Memory management
- Real-time Extensions of UNIX and LINUX Systems
- Linux kernel architecture
- Scheduler and memory management on UNIX
- Architectures supported by Linux: RISC/CISC, etc.
- POSIX standard real time extensions
- Lag time
- Linux for Real Time with significant constraints: RTAI and Xenomai
- Principles Advantages and disadvantages
- Development environments
- Engineering office/department
- Examples and case studies (management of a telephone exchange) -> specification/preliminary and detailed design of the RT application, verification
- Critical analysis of different solutions - Recommendations for the general approach
- Bibliographic analysis
- Main websites for RT and related products
- Assessment of the course
Scheduled in French:
PARIS: 14 to 18 October 2019
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€1,910 excluding tax (20% VAT)