Radar and optical stealth
Concepts and applications
This course explores all the tools necessary to understand the principles and conditions of use of stealth in the optical field (UV, visible and IR) and RADAR, and its integration with weapons systems both current and future.
The course is intended as much for equipment designers as project owners or contractors.
The course lasts 5 days (30 hours).
The course aims to provide an overview of the problems posed by the application of discretionary techniques (optical and electromagnetic).
The methodologies available and the technological or strategic implications underpinned by the idea of using stealth are presented by the many speakers, all specialists from the field of signatures.
The course is aimed in particular at technical or operational architects wishing to understand in a few days the key elements of the operational optronics and electromagnetics and their main contributors.
Course level: Basic/Advanced
This course is suitable for anyone with engineer-level knowledge (minimum L3) in the scientific field.
Courses ELA 015, ELA 027 or ELA 028 (Optronics), ELA 007 and ELA 030 (Radar) can be excellent additions to this course.
Doctor of Science
Engineer at the DGA
- General information
- Principles of stealth, usage policy and examples of impact on defense strategy
- Threat overview
- Principles of SER - RADARS monostatic, bistatic (HF and BF)
- Principles of SIR and SEL - Main optronic detection systems
- Materials with specific properties
- RADAR absorbent Materials
- Coatings in the visible and IR
- Adaptive materials and systems
- Knowledge of signatures
- Basics of signature measurements (IR, radar, laser)
- Characterization of funds and targets
- Material characterization techniques (IR, radar)
- Signature simulation
- Modeling IR and RADAR scenes
- The main calculation codes
- Performance and limitations
- Integration with defense materials (combat aircraft)
- Adaptation of shapes and materials
- Discretion of jets and hot spots
TERMS OF ACCESS
Candidates for this course must provide authorization to access confidential defense information.
A copy of the authorization or an equivalent certificate (minimum CD) must be sent to EUROSAE at registration.
Scheduled in French:
PARIS: 7 to 11 October 2019
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€2,040 excluding tax (20% VAT)