This advanced course looks at heat transfer (conduction, convection and radiation) in the resolution of industrial problems.
The course lasts 7 days (3 days + 4 days : 36 hours) and includes:
- 14 x 1.5-hours lectures
- 4 engineering design sessions
- Two days are dedicated to studying of specific cases (aeronautical propulsion, space applications, energy systems).
This course is intended for engineers and senior technicians wishing to supplement their knowledge on transfer by conduction, convection and radiation as well as energy usage assessments.
It is organized in two parts: the first part is theoretical and the second part focuses on application.
Course level: Advanced
Basic knowledge of fluid mechanics and thermodynamics.
Director of the Department of Multi-Physics for Energy at ONERA
Research Engineer at ONERA/DMPE
- Physical parameters characterizing the three heat exchange modes
- Wall conditions: contact resistances, radiative properties, convective exchange coefficients
- Permanent and variable regimes in one-dimensional conduction - Diffusion, effectiveness
- Modeling thermal structures for sizing and optimization
- Bi-dimensional and three-dimensional discretization - Digital methods in conduction
- Basics of convective phenomena
- Heat, mass and momentum transfer
- Kinetic heating - Correlations
- Basic laws of thermal radiation
- Opaque and semi-transparent media
- Geometric factors of radiative exchanges between surfaces
- Digital methods specific to radiation
- Specific issues
- Energy usage assessments
- Heat exchangers
- Coupled heat exchangers
- Live conduction - multiphase exchange - greenhouse effect
- Thermal measurements: thermometers and fluxmeters
- Emissivity and reflectivity measurements
- Fields of application
- Heterogeneous insulation
- Radiative screens (ovens, cryogenics)
- Active and passive conditioning - Thermoregulation
- Examples of thermal exchanges in aeronautical propulsion techniques
- Space applications
- According to demand: principles of home heat science
Scheduled in French:
TOULOUSE: 23 to 25 September 2019 and 7 to 10 October 2019
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€2,510 excluding tax (20% VAT)