Structural composite materials
From theory to implementation
- To know the main composite materials
- Understand their mechanical advantages
- Master the rules of dimensioning in static and fatigue
- Have choice tools at your disposal between composite and metallic materials
- Know their manufacturing and control techniques
- Understand the different types of mechanical tests
The internship lasts 4 days (24 hours) including:
- 4 hours of practical applications
- 1 visit
This training course is an advanced course.
It requires first knowledge in material linear elasticity.
This training course gives deep knowledge in:
- Composite materials characteristics, their properties and conditions of use
- Requirements and critical analysis of the technical and economic specifications of a working structure (primary or secondary) with regard to a composite solution and its integration into the final product
- Essential criteria for choosing materials, technologies and their implementation process to achieve an optimal composite solution that meets these specifications from the point of view of design, manufacture, control, in-service monitoring, maintenance-repair and disposal at the end of life.
The common thread will consist, starting from the characteristics of the composite materials and the requirements of the specifications, in arriving at the essential choices and the evaluation of the relevance of the selected solutions. It is structured around lectures and concrete case studies.
A visit to an industrial site is also planned.
Level of the training: Advanced course
Training course for engineers and technicians from the design office or manufacturing methods or control methods or the test department wishing to improve their composite materials knowledge and their conditions of use.
Former head of composite technical center at Eurocopter La Courneuve and technical and industrial centers at Astrium Les Mureaux
Professor in engineer schools
ISAE-SUPAERO Engineer - Former head of the Technical Centre for Materials and structure of the DGA/CEAT
Consulting engineer at PALLADIAM.
- Basic components
- Matrixes (metallic, carbon, thermoplastic and thermosetting resins)
- Loads – sizing
- Fabrics, tablecloths, ribbons, braids…
- Monolithic and sandwich parts
- Core materials
- Properties of structural composites
- Mechanical (law of mixtures, failure criteria)
- Design/dimensioning rules
- Static (case study)
- Service life calculation (case study)
- Damage tolerance
- Criteria for technical and economic choice
- Concept of exchange rates
- Relevance/ metallic solution?
- Injection/Resin Transfert Moulding (RTM)
- Quality assurance
- Non-destructive testing techniques (X-rays, ultrasonic, acoustic stamping, thermography, optical methods)
- Aerospace applications
- Space (launchers, missiles, satellites)
- Feedback and perspectives
- Visit of an industrial composite site
English version programmable on request
Scheduled in French:
TOULOUSE: 11 to 14 June 2019
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€2,020 excluding tax (20% VAT)