Design calculation and manufacture of composite material structures
This course enables learners to acquire and apply essential knowledge for sizing, manufacturing and certifying structures made of composite materials, particularly in the aeronautical or space sectors.
The course lasts 5 days (30 hours) and includes:
- 13 x 1.5-hours lectures
- 2 x 3-hours practical work sessions
- 1 visit (3 hours)
The first part aims to provide the basic knowledge regarding the behavior of composite structures in order to fully understand the calculation methods used in the industry.
The second part details manufacturing processes.
The third part allows learners to create and test a test piece they have previously calculated.
Course level: Advanced
Knowledge of the resistance of elementary materials "homogeneous, isotropic and elastic materials" as covered in course GME 008 "Structure mechanics" or the course from S. LAROZE - R.D.M. at Eyrolles - Masson.
Professor at ISAE-SUPAERO(Institut Supérieur de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace or National Higher French Institute of Aeronautics and Space)
Professor at ISAE-SUPAERO.
- General overview
- Reinforcements (glass, aramid, carbon, silicon carbide)
- Molds (organic, ceramic)
- Calculation of composite material structures
- Anisotropic elasticity
- Fracture criteria
- Stratified plates
- Thermal, hydric constraints
- Composite beams
- Connections, inserts
- Accounting for damage
- Finite element calculations
- Manufacturing processes
- Mechanical testing
- Visits and demonstrations at the Aeronautical Testing Center of Toulouse
- Calculation methods of composite structures in aeronautics
- Non-destructive testing
- Certification of composite structures
- Creating/testing a piece in the laboratory
Participation includes costs of practical laboratory work
Scheduled in French:
TOULOUSE: 1 to 5 April 2019
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€2,560 excluding tax (20% VAT)