Improve your product development process performance
This course will enable participants to:
- Understand basic principles of Lean Product Development
- Understand, in a didactic and playful way, the scope of these principles, through the role-playing of the listeners
- Familiarize yourself with the main tools of Lean Product Development
- Measure the impact of Lean Product Development in terms of organization, managerial practices and learning processes in the company.
This course is 3 days long (21 hours) and includes:
- The statement of principles
- The presentation of the tools
- The presentation of the implementation process
- A case study
Lean Manufacturing, Lean Office, Lean Engineering… There are a lot of different “lean” approaches today in the company.
This course is based on the observation and analysis of the most advanced industrial initiatives (TOYOTA, MIT Lean Aerospace Initiative…). It is focusing on product development process improvement. It establishes the link with the founding principles of Lean Manufacturing but also taking advantage of the parallel that can be made between knowledge (engineering activities) and physical flows (production activities).
At the end of this internship, attendees will have the keys to establish a diagnosis of their company's current practices and to implement a Lean Product Development approach adapted to the company's maturity and challenges.
This internship is intended for program managers, product competence center managers or process / methods managers in technical departments, who have a good knowledge of the company's overall product development process.
Senior Manager - Mews Partners
With the cooperation of
Manager - Mews Partners
- Introduction: what is Lean Product Development?
- Lean Product Development / Lean Manufacturing
- Waste in Lean Product Development
- Case study
- "House 4U Company" Lean Engineering Serious Game
- The two different aspects of Lean Product Development
- Learning First Product Development
- Lean Design Factory
- Lean Product Development Tools
- A3 thinking - Problem Solving & Knowledge Briefs
- Limit Curves / Trade off Curves
- Customer's voice
- Lean Product Development Process
- Define alternative solutions: Set-based Concurrent Engineering
- Secure the process: Integrating Events
- Standardize knowledge
- Create a Pull Flow
- Reduce batches size (management by the deliverables: KIDS)
- Introduce Agile methods in project management
- Organization and people
- Chief Engineer
- Relationship between Chief Engineer and Competence Centres
- Integrate partners and subcontractors
- Visual management
- Continuous Improvement, Lean Culture and Behaviour
- Main behavioural changes needed
- Implementation of the approach
- First steps
- To go further
- Key success factors
English version programmable on request
Scheduled in French:
PARIS: SYI 005.1: 15 to 17 April 2019
PARIS: SYI 005.2: 17 to 19 June 2019
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€1,830 excluding tax (20% VAT)