Introduction to earth observation
This training aims to offer scientists, engineers or similar a scientific and technical introduction to Earth observation across the entire chain of observation, from the scene on the ground to the essential information.
The course lasts 5 days (30 hours) and includes 6 hours of lectures with practical work.
The intention of this course is to present the entire chain of observation, from the scene on the ground to the essential end information. The course focuses on the following three areas:
- observation systems
- information processing.
The goal is to implement the techniques acquired during the course to best illustrate the various applications related to Earth observation.
Course level: Basic
Basic knowledge of Matlab or Python programming is required.
Lecturer-Researcher at ISAE-SUPAERO (Institut Supérieur de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace or National Higher French Institute of Aeronautics and Space)
- A general introduction
- The applications of Earth observation
- The main national and international missions
- Remote sensing
- Airborne and spaceborne observation systems
- Airborne observation
- Space observation: satellite systems, mission analysis, image chain, image quality, etc.
- Active and passive payloads
- Signal and image processing
- Introduction to computer vision
- Introduction to the transformed: Fourier, short-term Fourier, Wavelets
- Image analysis tools
- Data analysis and classification
- Supervised classification
- Unsupervised classification
Scheduled in French:
TOULOUSE: 15 to 19 June, 2020
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€2,550 excluding tax (20% VAT)