Air-intakes, nozzles and after-bodies
The aim of this course is to provide participants fundamental bases allowing a better understanding of the various aspects involved in the design of propulsive nacelles. This implies the knowledge of analytical and computational methods, as well as of test facilities and corresponding measuring techniques.
The course, the duration of which if 5 days (30 hours), includes 20 lectures and training exercise sessions of 1h30.
The course is based on the physical description of phenomena and presentation of practical predictive methods.
Conferences are complemented by application exercises.
A large number of real configurations are analyzed. Information about recent experimental techniques is also provided.
Courses FMA 06 (Initiation to aerodynamics) and FMA 013 (Viscous and turbulent flows) constitute a good preparation to the present course.
This course is best suited for engineers and technicians desiring to consolidate their expertise in the field of applied aerodynamics.
Research Engineer at Onera. Co-Chairman of the "Flight Physics" Technical Committee of the EUCASS association
Member of the 3AF "Aerodynamics" Technical Committee
Former Vice-President of EADS ASTRIUM-Space Transportation
Former CEO of the Cluster ASTech Paris Region.
AERONAUTICAL AND AEROSPACE APPLICATIONS
- Characteristic parameters of an air-intake
- Matching to flight conditions (Mach number, altitude and engine regime)
- Air-intake integration on aircraft, missiles and helicopters
- Design methods and performance calculation of nozzles for aircraft and missiles
- Out of adaptation conditions (under expanded nozzle and induced separation inside the nozzle)
- New nozzle concepts
- Description of the interactions between the propulsive jet and the outer flow
- Modelling of phenomena and calculation methods
- Special problems
- Testing techniques
- Acoustics (mechanism of noise generation and attenuation)
- Electromagnetic signature
- Infrared signature
- Predictive methods
- Reminder of basic elements of gas dynamics and thermodynamics
- Presentation of modern predictive methods based on the numerical solution of the Euler and Navier-Stokes equations
- Taking into account of viscous effects
- Boundary layers, jets and mixing zones
Scheduled in French:
PARIS: 4 to 8 October 2021
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€2,180 excluding tax (20% VAT)