Certification of composite airframe
This training provides guidance on the acceptable Means of Compliance for the certification of Composite Technologies on Airframe. How to develop the structural validation by design office will be presented, as also the specificities to be considered either by Authorities, Materials suppliers or Airlines in the Certification of Composite Technologies.
The course lasts 5 days (30 hours).
Since the 80, the Introduction of composite technologies in the overall Airframe structure, have strongly increased up to 50 % on the recent development of Airbus A350XWB and Boeing B787.
To maintain an equivalent safety level to former conventional metallic Airframe a permanent adaptation of the certification approach was required, by evolutions of the certification Airworthiness Requirements and associated development of means of compliance. From the experience gained over last decades, illustrated by various examples, this training gives a status on the last evolutions, presenting Composite attributes with respect to Certifications Requirements and how they can be addressed.
The complete certification process from the development of the Airframe design up to the continuous airworthiness is presented.
For engineers, managers.
AIRBUS “Head of Structure certification”
Executive Expert composite Airframe engineering.
- Overview of the Airworthiness Requirements for structures
- Composite attributes with respect to certification and how they can be addressed: Presentations of Airworthiness Standard update, Special Conditions and tailored Acceptable Means of Compliance
- Development of the certification basis: Review of existing composite related Special Conditions on various aeronautical products with their rationale
- The various domains to be covered by the certification of a composite structure. Requirements for design, consequences of actual service feed-back
- Requirements for materials: Definition and purpose of material qualification, development of material qualification matrices and Allowable and Design Values
- Static strength evaluation of structures: focus on key composite specificities
- Damage tolerance and fatigue evaluation of structures. Review of the potential effects of fatigue, environmental conditions and severe accidental damages
- Lightning strike requirements (direct effects)
- Quality assurance requirements for production of composite structures
- Continuous Airworthiness, inspections and repairs approaches
Scheduled in French:
TOULOUSE: 1st and 5 March, 2021
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€2,530 excluding tax (20% VAT)