Managing a project with PRINCE2® 2017
Foundation and practitioner levels
Available in English, and in French from 2019, this course will introduce and prepare the two PRINCE2® 2017 certifications, Foundation and Practitioner. The seven principles, the seven themes and the seven PRINCE2® 2017 processes are reviewed step by step, from the point of view of project management and project leadership. This practical course prepares for both certification exams (the Foundation and Practitioner).
The course lasts 5 days (30 hours) and includes :
- Lectures with examples
- Exam preparation
- Exam sittings:
- PRINCE2®Foundation on Wednesday afternoon
- PRINCE2®Foundation on Friday afternoon
This course is built around the PRINCE2® methodology (PRojects IN ControlledEnvironments), designed and started by the UK Office of Government Commerce (OGC). Learners prepare for and sit the Foundation exam (exam duration: 1 hour 15 minutes) and the Practitioner exam (exam duration 3 hours 15 minutes). With more than one million certified people worldwide, PRINCE2® is the most widely used methodological reference for project management (in the UK, in Europe and in many countries around the world). The course is for those working in project management who need to implement, adapt or integrate the PRINCE2® methodology, either for a project or for a portfolio of projects.
Course level : Advanced
Learners are required to purchase a copy of PRINCE2® 2017 and read it at least once before the start of the training.
Gilles VALLET :
Polytechnician, Project Engineer, Highware International Advisor, Program Leader at Oxford Academics and Qualified PRINCE2® Trainer at Oxford Academics. Oxford Academics is a PRINCE2® ATO (Accredited Training Organization).
- Introduction to PRINCE2® and project management
- Governance and project management organization.
- Review of the principles and their implementation
- Review of key points (that can be applied to any PRINCE2® project management), and changes that can be made to each project.
- Overview of the seven themes and the ways to adapt them to a project
- Gradual introduction of the success criteria for a project and the answers provided by the seven PRINCE2® themes.
- Introduction and review of the seven processes of the PRINCE2® method and how to integrate them into business methodologies
- Gradual introduction to governance bodies, communication and decision-making agreements, as well as PRINCE2® models.
- Sitting the PRINCE2® Foundation exam
- Preparing and sitting of the PRINCE2® Practitioner exam
Each registered candidate is invited to the exam by Peoplecert (the only body authorized to certify PRINCE2® candidates since January 2018). Both exams are organized by Oxford Academics (Accredited Training Organization) at the training site. At the end of each exam, the exam papers are scanned to Peoplecert, which then informs candidates of their grade and the outcome of the certification process (a minimum of 55% is required on the Multiple Choice Questionnaire in order to be certified).
The PRINCE2®Foundation exam is open to all registered candidates (no prerequisites).
The PRINCE2®Practitioner exam is open to anyone who has a PRINCE2® Foundation certification, a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, or a level A, B, C, D certification from the IPMA (International Project Management Association).
Scheduled in French:
19 to 20 October 2020 for the PRINCE2® Foundation preparation course
21 to 23 October 2020 for the PRINCE2® Practitioner preparation course
For the English realization, please, consult us.
Inclusive of the PRINCE2® exam fees :
€1,400 excluding tax (20% VAT) for the PRINCE2® Foundation preparation course
€1,100 excluding tax (20% VAT) for the PRINCE2® Practitioner preparation course