From information to intelligence
Measurement, quality analysis, dimensioning and processing
This course aims to explore current practices in the field of intelligence, with proposals for technical and conceptual developments based on existing doctrines.
Beyond the purely military aspect of measuring acquired information is the question of studying and prolonging the comprehension and control of information in civil domains (financial, media, etc.), from logical, algorithmic, linguistic, sociological and philosophical angles. Intelligence from human origin and open source is the subject of special focus.
This course provides a crucial lever to assist with reasoning and decision-making in a critical context.
The course lasts 3 days (18 hours):
One third of the time is spent examining specific cases.
The course explores the principles of intelligence and the associated tools and techniques to help resolve the issues regarding this industry and thereby reinforce it.
Particular focus is given to the examination of new features related to the Internet and Web 2.0. Specific cases concerning rumor campaigns or misinformation illustrate this with both civilian and military applications.
Potential crises in the economic and information fields are included in the examination of security risks.
Course level: Basic/Advanced
The course is aimed primarily at project managers, managers and operators who wish to learn or improve skills in the fields of intelligence, information monitoring and economic and strategic intelligence.
Research Engineer at Ektimo, alumnus of the École Polytechnique, PhD in philosophy (Paris III)
Engineer at Thales, former student of the École Nationale Supérieure des Télécom in Paris
Doctor of Computer Science (Paris VI).
- From data to intelligence
- Aims, measuring information
- Applications to civil-military domains
- Basic principles
- Doctrines and practices
- The different origins of intelligence
- The role of experienced feedback
- Limits, problems, questions
- Focus on Human Source and Open Source Intelligence
- Phases of orientation and research
- Crawling tools
- Data/text-mining tools
- Relevance of information
- Thematic filtering
- Processing and exploitation phase: exploitation of information in intelligence
- Modes of reception, primary processing (introduction to epistemic logic)
- Comprehensive processing: cross-referencing, time tracking, trend analysis
- Rating of information: reliability, veracity and beyond
- Merging information for knowledge and anticipation
- Dissemination of intelligence
- Applications and concrete cases
- Intoxication and propaganda
Scheduled in French:
PARIS: 6 to 8 April 2022
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€1,490 excluding tax (20% VAT)