The objective of this course is to make learners aware of the particular constraints related to the development, realization, launching and operations of space systems using nanosatellites.
The course offers learners an understanding of the Health and Usage Monitoring System (HUMS), focusing on the relevant principles, techniques, processes and control strategies. This aeronautical system is used to monitor the structural elements and operation of equipment in order to ensure it is maintained in optimal operational condition using, among other things, predictive maintenance.
This course is intended for learners wishing to better understand the operation of airships, their performance and their current limits.
To acquire technical knowledge specific to preventive maintenance in the aeronautical field and the related issues.
The course enables learners to:
- Acquire the fundamental principles of predictive maintenance, including the notion of Big Data (collection, analysis and processing mass data)
- Acquire knowledge of diagnostics and the functional monitoring of components
- Gain insight into the selection and analysis of mass data
- Increase their knowledge of the notions of maintainability, operability and costs.
- Identify the problems associated with the collection, analysis and processing of mass data
This trainee is tailored to engineers wishing to enhance their complex linear dynamical systems knowledge. A specific accent is given on their property structure, analysis, with a strong emphasis on model reduction, approximation and identification.
The objective is (i) to give a global, up to date, view of the different dynamical systems cla
sses (properties and specificities), (ii) to describe and provide some numerical tools allowing to treat these systems in a context of very large-scale and infinite dimensional models, and (iii) to allow the dynamical model construction on the basis of experimental data only.
More specifically, the following points will be detailed along the trainee:
- Go into details of different linear model structures : ODE, DAE, rational and irrational transfer functions (e.g. delayed systems).
- Get in touch with high dimensional models and inherent complexity.
- Understand how to construct simple dynamical models from data collected on a simulator or in experiments.
- Learn how to reduce and approximate large-scale dynamical models.
The presented concepts will be applied on a class chosen use-case or even, a participant problem (if any). An important part of the course is dedicated to the practical application of the concepts through tools developed in MATLAB. The theoretical issues will be present only if participant are interested. This trainee can be viewed as a basis prior any analysis and control lecture.
The purpose of this course is to introduce the basics of the Big Data ecosystem, Cloud Computing, and their applications in data science. More than a coherent set of tools and frameworks, this ecosystem essentially meets the processing and exploitation needs of voluminous and varied data. In addition, the cloud platform facilitates access to this ecosystem. The purpose of this course is to introduce and demonstrate the basics of the Big Data ecosystem and Cloud Computing and their applications in data science.
The objective of this training is to raise awareness and understanding of the issues, key concepts and business applications of Data Science (the field of Artificial Intelligence).
This course is for those wishing to:
- Understand the basic principles of Data Science
- Understand business applications so that they can be broken down into their organization/business areas
- Implement a Data Science approach and to experiment through a Data Lab
- Know how to measure the impact, value and constraints of Data Science
- Be familiar with GDPR and the constraints around the management and security of data
This course will provide learners with a good understanding of Lattice Boltzmann methods (LBM) for numerical simulation in fluid mechanics. In particular, the possibilities of this approach will be discussed in terms of simulation in aerodynamics and aeroacoustics for industrial applications (aircraft, rotating machinery).
This course will help learners to:
- Understand the key success factors of public speaking
- Develop your communication potential (verbal and nonverbal)
- Capturing people's attention/getting them to listen
- Make your speech interesting and convincing
- Optimize your concentration, manage your emotions (stress)
The aim of the course us to enable participants to take the role of decision-maker in different situations. It focuses on leadership, decision-making, the decision-making process and how this process is experienced by the decision-maker.
The course offers:
-An exploration of the notions of power, authority and leadership
-Awareness of how everyone defines leadership and the impact it has on each other's relationships
-A focus on listening, trust and control
-An understanding of free speech and live emotions
-An improved ability to make individual and collective decisions
-An awareness that the making of a decision is often more important than the decision itself
-An understanding and assimilation of the decision-making process
-An awareness of how a situation that requires a decision plays out and what it says about us
The course will enable learners to :
- Acquire an agile approach to management while remaining calm and assertive
- Develop new resources to manage complexity, uncertainty and the unknown
- Strengthen their creative abilities and facilitate decision-making
- Mobilize their interpersonal intelligence to improve their impact, unite their team and position themselves in delicate situations
This training will enable participants to develop their managerial skills through a pragmatic and innovative approach, focused on motivation:
- To distinguish the different types of motivation according to their durability, their intensity and the energy they generate or consume
- To build and embody natural leadership based on personality and enduring motivations
- To stimulate the motivation and team spirit of employees for a true commitment to work
This training will enable participants to develop their managerial skills through a pragmatic and innovative approach, drawing on the organization of work and its processes:
- To design organization and processes that are compatible with human nature
- Create and set the conditions for successful change
- Assist employees in the process of transformation to get them to adhere and to engage them in a sustainable way
Available in French or English, this course is designed to help you understand the moral responsibility of decision-making.
It enables decision-makers to optimize their decision-making by integrating the moral dimension into the process.
This course is for those wishing to:
- Become familiar with the concept of morality.
- Acquire knowledge about the concept of responsibility.
- Learn about the different types of decision-making responsibilities.
- Identify issues related to the responsibility of decision-makers.
- Put the knowledge acquired into practice in a specific environment.
The goal of this training is to allow engineers whenever their education to acquire the basics of Model Based System Engineering :
- Foundations of Model Based System Engineering
- System: Life cycle, viewpoints and representations
- System: Design languages and methodologies
- Relationship with requirements engineering
- Relationship with specialty engineering’s
- Process and models transformation
- Reconciliation and trade-off
Faced with the growing complexity of organizations and their political, commercial, security and media environments, global, structured and well-equipped risk management is now essential for companies and public institutions to evolve in a state of acceptable risk. Learning from the past, understanding the present and anticipating the future by having a global and hierarchical view of the hazards and opportunities of a business ensures informed decision-making, good project management and the safety of goods, people and the environment.
The objective of this course is to:
- Acquire the key concepts of global risk management;
- Understand how risk management is structured to serve the governance of activity/business;
- Know and understand the tools and methods of analysis, mapping and overall risk management.
This course covers the principles of implementing methods and tools for controlling risk and explores the means of conducting this approach in an industrial context.
In an ever-changing aviation environment, the need to manage safety has never been greater. This training aims to allow participants to learn the principles of the organized approach of a Safety Management System (SMS), its implementation in the context of aircraft maintenance: maximizing opportunities to continuously improve flight safety, accident prevention and risk mitigation.
The purpose of this training is to present a wide spectrum of issues and challenges linked to the connected vehicle. Different topics will be addresses using a practical use-case.