Receivers for electronic warfare and electronic counter measures
The purpose of this course is that trainees understand the conception, behavior and performances of EW receivers.
The course lasts 5 days (30 hours).
More than 20 % of the time is dedicated to applications examples.
This course lets you understand concepts central to EW. It is shared in 3 tutorials on:
- Basic principles
- Measure and Counter Measures Receivers
- Information Processing
It delivers a basic working knowledge of the concepts and the techniques deployed in today and near future EW systems.
The course is dedicated to engineers with a basic knowledge of analog and digital signal processing. It is required to have some knowledge of conventional receiving techniques.
THALES AIRBORNE SYSTEMS Technical Directorate Electronic Warfare Systems Information Processing Expert.
- Analog Signals and spectra
- Basics: noises, spectra, power
- Demodulation, Receivers architecture
- Signal and Noise delivered by Demodulators
- Non linearity
- Distortion Intermodulation - interception point
- Basics on radar
- Principle, Doppler effect
- RADAR receiver Architecture
Measures and Counter Measures Receivers
- Radar Receivers
- Practical aspects
- MF Processing. - Pulse Compression
- Logarithmic amplification
- Instantaneous DF - Doppler Filtering
- Counter Measures Receivers
- Counter Measures Requirements
- Instantaneous RF measurement
- Amplitude DF Interferometry
- Receivers using Dispersive Delay Lines
- Analog and Digital Receivers
- Sorting radar Emissions
- Measurements and information content
- Sorting architecture Deinterleaving
- Processing of multi agile emissions
- GeoLocation of Radar Emissions
- Measurements - Isomeasure Curves
- From Empirical to Mathematical conception of Estimators
- Examples: Triangulation, DTOA, Differential Doppler
- GeoLocation of fixed and moving emitters
Scheduled in French:
PARIS: 3 to 7 October 2022
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€2,100 excluding tax (20% VAT)