Infrared guidance systems for tactical missiles
This course will enable learners to acquire knowledge of the different areas related to the design of infrared self-guidance systems, the advantages and limitations related to their design, the problems arising from their integration with missiles and the performance capabilities we can expect in view of the latest technological developments. IR missile characteristics will be covered.
The course lasts 5 days (30 hours).
It includes lectures, practical exercises and video aids.
The reason behind the application of infrared technology in the creation of tactical missiles is mainly the much sought-after advantage of a passive and therefore discreet-mode operation as well as its precision capability. This course is intended for engineers working in the field of infrared missiles or Armed Forces personnel involved in training or in determining specifications of an operational requirement. All issues relating to infrared guidance are covered.
Course level: Advanced
To benefit fully from this course, a general knowledge of tactical missiles is recommended.
Knowledges of servo theory are strongly desired.
Maurice MIRANDE :
Civil Engineer in Aeronautics - MS CALTECH
Former Technical Director at MBDF - Head of development of several missiles.
- Physics of infrared radiation
- Basic laws of radiation
- Radiation: targets and ambient background
- Atmospheric transmission
- Choice of spectral band
- Constitution of an IR self-guidance system
- Focus on radiation
- Irdome and the related issues
- Modern IR detectors and their evolution, cooling problems, cryostat
- Deviation measurement - Signal processing for hotspot self-guidance system and imagers
- Stabilization of the line of sight and tracking servo
- Range of IR self-guidance system
- IR missile guidance
- Principles of missile guidance
- Proportional navigation from IR detection
- Overview of IR self-guidance testing
- Laser homing - examples of laser-guided missiles
- Susceptibility to countermeasures
- Principle of countermeasures
- Existing countermeasures and their evolution
- Principles of IR self-guidance protection
- Comparison of IR/EM missiles
- Video demonstrations
- Overview of IR missiles
- Lecturer-led exercises
Schedulded in French :
PARIS: 15 to 19 March 2021
For the English realization: please, consult us.
€2,410 excluding tax (20% VAT)