Reshaped certification of aeronautical appliances/articles
Regulation processes in commercial aviation
Objectives of this course are to learn and understand how APPLIANCES/ARTICLES installed on board commercial Aircraft are certified and consequently airworthy.
Note: IN THE FAA SYTEM, the preferred wording for equipment/component is ARTICLE IN THE EASA SYSTEM, the preferred wording for equipment/component is APPLIANCE.
The course lasts 4 days (24 hours):
- 16 hours dedicated to theoretical approach
- 8 hours of examples and exercises
- The Airworthiness concept will be introduced: Initial Airworthiness
- Being applicable to Design and Production of Appliances/Articles
- Continuing Airworthiness
- Being applicable to Operations and Maintenance of Appliances/Articles
Approvals of organization for certification and for maintaining of airworthiness will be presented.
Workshop will be performed concerning the necessary Manuals to be provided to EASA for Approvals.
Certification process will be presented based on examples.
Some knowledge about EASA functioning.
Eric Alexis SANTINI:
International aeronautical expert
In cooperation with specialists for the various topics treated.
- Airworthiness concept applicable to equipments certification
* Approved Organizations to certify and maintain Airworthiness of equipments
* Airworthiness in Design and Production of equipments (PART 21)
* Continuing Airworthiness of equipments (PART M, PART 145)
- Technical requirements
* Certification Specifications
-Parts of CS 23, CS 25, CS 27, CS 29
-Parts of CS ETSO
* Avionics reference standards
-DO178B, DO254 and others
- Equipments certification
* Equipment manufacturer activities
* Documents/Manuals to be provided for equipment certification
* Equipments qualification and certification (AC, ETSO, Specifications)
* Contractual relation with Aircraft Manufacturer
- Continuing Airworthiness of Equipments
* Maintenance planning document
* Component Maintenance Manual
* AD/CN for equipments
Scheduled in French:
TOULOUSE: AED 050.1 : 12 to 15 April 2021
PARIS: AED 050.2 : 11 to 14 October 2021
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€1,820 excluding tax (20% VAT)