Loading of solid propellants for missiles and rockets
This course will provide learners with both the theoretical and practical bases for designing, manufacturing, controlling, and using solid propellant loads for rockets or rocket engines for missiles and space launchers.
The course lasts 5 days (33 hours) and includes:
- 6 x 3-hours lectures
- 1 visit to the propellant plant at Saint-Médard-en-Jalles (Gironde)
- 1 demonstration of the sizing of propellant loads
- 1 practical session at the CRB
- Discussion on the selection of a propellant load for the tactical missile engine
The course is designed to provide all the learners with basic knowledge of solid propellants, their use as loads and their design.
It will also give them the opportunity to meet propulsion specialists who will address the pyrotechnic problems related to the implementation and operation of solid propellant engines.
Course level: Basic
This course is suitable for engineers and members of the armed forces as well as managers/supervisors with a good scientific background (ENSI level).
Polymer Chemistry and Energy Materials Formulation.
- Propulsion by solid propellant engines
- Interior ballistics of propellers
- Mechanism of combustion and ignition of the different categories of propellants
- Load dimensioning
- Description of tools and applications
- Dependability (including vulnerability and lifespan)
- Different categories of propellants
- Raw materials, compositions, manufacturing processes, description of operational characteristics
- The internal layout materials of propellers
- Liners, inhibitors, thermal protections: implementation, properties
Scheduled in French:
PARIS: 3 to 7 May 2021
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€2,990 excluding tax (20% VAT)