Tactical missiles design
This course will enable learners to complement their knowledge of the main issues related to the design of tactical missiles.
The course lasts 8 days.
It includes lectures, practical exercises and video aids
This further development course is for engineers involved in relevant projects or the evaluation of tactical missiles; learners will develop their knowledge in the main areas of tactical missile design.
This internship will provide a better understanding of the interactions between the different functions involved in the operation of a tactical missile.
The theoretical bases are addressed, with some mathematical developments necessary for the detailed understanding of the phenomena being studied.
Course level: Advanced
Engineering training. Principles of aerodynamics are desirable; a familiarity with servo systems is required.
A much simpler introductory course is available on the same theme: AED 032.
Course AED 033 can be taken without having to previously complete AED 032.
Maurice MIRANDE :
Civil Engineer in Aeronautics - MS CALTECH
Former Technical Director at MBDF - Head of development of several missiles
- General information on missile weapon systems
- System classification
- Principles of weapons system
- Aerodynamic principles applied to missiles
-Flight mechanics - Direct or indirect lift control
-Aerodynamic and maneuvering configurations
- Flight guidance (Study of the various guidance modes - remote control, auto-guidance, inertial guidance and GPS)
-Flight guidance laws
- Transfer functions of the tracking loop and guided missile; couplings
-Transit distance and required maneuverability
- Infrared self-guidance systems
- Electromagnetic self-guidance systems
- "Destruction" function
-Conventional military loads; different modes of destruction
-Armament and fire safety, proximity and impact rockets
- "Propulsion" function
- Deployment-related design constraints
- Airborne missiles - surface-to-air missiles
- Anti-ship missiles - Anti-tank missiles
- Evolution of the threat and conditions of deployment (SEA, LAND AIR issues)
- Characteristic performance of the weapon system
- Reaction time
- Adaptation of an airborne missile
- Fields of action
- Principles of reliability, maintainability, service life
- Main stages of development
- Examples of weapons systems in service, video illustrations
- Lecturer-led exercises
Schedulded in French :
PARIS: 1st part from 3 to 6 March, 2020
PARIS: 2nd part from 9 to 12 March 2020
For the English realization: please, consult us.
€3,460 excluding tax (20% VAT)