INTRODUCTION TO NANOSATELLITES
The objective of this course is to make learners aware of the particular constraints related to the development, realization, launching and operations of space systems using nanosatellites.
The course lasts 3 days (18 hours).
The course is delivered at the Centre Spatial Universitaire de Toulouse, which produces Cubesats. Experienced speakers from this field address the use of design tools for the conducting pre-analysis of a nanosatellite (astronomy missions).
A visit to the ground means, integration and testing used for the nanosatellites offers a perspective into the philosophy of the models and the simulators that can be used.
Course level : Basic
Prior completion of course AED 012 or AED 013 is preferable :
General engineer-, senior technician- or manager-level training.
Bénédicte ESCUDIER :
Lecturer at l’ISAE-SUPAERO (Institut Supérieur de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace or National Higher French Institute of Aeronautics and Space)
Fabien APPER :
- Introduction to nanosatellites
- Nanosat Definitions - CubeSats: functions, architecture, interfaces.
- History: missions/achievements
- Key figures (launches, satellites)
- Constraints specific to CubeSats (environment, launches, communications and ground segments)
- Testing and classification
- Scaling a CubeSat mission
- Mission specifications, system and subsystem specifications and CubeSats constraints.
- Introduction and visit to CSUT (control center, Entrysat cold site)
- Training in scaling tools (CNES training council : Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales or National Center for Space Studies)
- IDM-CIC/IDM-View, VTS
- BE scaling cubes (application of the Eye-Sat mission)
- Orbital calculations (very fast)
- Scaling of CubeSat (3U architecture and defined payload)
- Prescaling power
- Prescaling SCAO
- Thermal prescaling
- Liaison report, mass, power
- CubeSat layout and feedback on mission specifications and performance
- BE summary
Exchanging experiences of Entrysat and Eye-Sat 3U Cubesats
Scheduled in French:
TOULOUSE: 9 to 11 june 2020
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€1,360 excluding tax (20% VAT)