This course is intended for learners wishing to better understand the operation of airships, their performance and their current limits.
The course lasts 4 days (28 hours) and includes 16 x 1.5-hour lectures with numerous demonstrations or practical application.
This course aims to provide a general knowledge to all those involved in the definition, design or use of aerostatic systems. (balloons, airships, etc.) The lecturers will highlight the physical phenomena specific to airships by focusing on the necessary theoretical developments. The objective is to gain a basic understanding of the very particular field of airships, gain a good order of magnitude and to acquire good instincts.
Course level: Basic
A basic knowledge of aerodynamics, mechanics and automation is desirable.
Pascal TAILLANDIER :
Head of the Dirigeables (Airships) Projects at ONERA
- Overview, History and Evolution
- Civil and military applications
- Design and Architecture of airships
- Course features
- Aerostatic principle
- Materials and structures
- Ground maneuvers
- Aerodynamics of Airships
- Static and dynamic coefficients
- Unsteady effects (turbulence, added masses, etc.)
- Experimental approach
- Flight mechanics of the airship
- General overview
- Piloting, Guidance and Control Laws
- Scaling and design planning
- From specifications to scaling
- Overview of the disciplinary modules
- Centering Masses and Inertia
- Performances on simple flight phases
- New technologies
- Hybrid Airships
- Renewable energies and Energy Management
- Generating Electricity
- Environmental Constraints
- Regulations, Airwothiness and Certification of Airships
Scheduled in French:
TOULOUSE: 23 to 26 November 2020
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€1,850 excluding tax (20% VAT)