Airborne radar systems
This course provides an overview of airborne radar system applications and system-specific issues.
The course lasts 5 days (33 hours) and includes:
- 21 hours of lectures
- 3 x 4-hours engineering design mini-project sessions
The purpose is to draw on basic theoretical and technological aspects to examine how airborne radar equipment is constituted with regard to system optics and design.
Each application will examine the technical choices as they result from the missions to be fulfilled by the radar, the environment on board and outside and the physical constraints of aircraft.
As such, the radar systems are classified into missions. Previously, constraints common to all these radar systems will have been examined with a summary of the theoretical points, the use of which for airborne radar systems is a sensitive matter.
Course level: Advanced
Engineers must have good general training and have completed ELA 001 « Introduction to radar » or ELA 006 « Radar Performance and Applications » or have equivalent knowledge.
Prior completion of course ELA 007 « Radar systems: current and future concepts » is highly recommended.
Learners should be familiar with the main theories as well as the techniques and components of radar.
Head of Radar Domain - DASSAULT AVIATION.
- Physical integration
- Aircraft constraints, integration of radar systems with on-board systems
- Theoretical recap
- Interception radar and aerial surveillance radar systems
- Essential features, employment concept
- Technical principles (detection modes, scanning modes)
- Dimensioning and performance prediction
- Ground vision radar systems
- Functions to be ensured: navigation and recognition
- Map modes
- SAR Technical Principles
- Sizing and performance prediction
- Interpretation of SAR maps
- Terrain tracking and obstacle detection radar systems
- All-weather flying at low or very low altitudes
- Maritime surveillance radar systems
- Sea clutter
- Detection and tracking of targets
- Imaging of marine targets
- Self-guiding missiles
- Types of missiles and missile seekers : passive, semi-active and active self-guidance systems, conventional impulse technique and Doppler technique
- The electromagnetic homing device
- Integration with the aircraft system, overall performance of the fire control
- Functional radar integration
- Function of systems, architecture, radar integration with the system for Air-Air and Air-Surface missions
Scheduled in French:
PARIS: 13 to 17 June, 2022
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€2,030 excluding tax (20% VAT)