Introduction to the repair of composite materials
This course explores the repair techniques of composite materials by considering the various methods of expertise, tools and consumables.
The course lasts 1 day (7 hours).
This is an introductory course.
It offers an overview of:
- damage to the composite structures of aircraft and helicopters
- essential criteria for deciding on a repair solution
- methods of expertise and repair with the various tools and consumables used
- quality testing repairs
This course covers the various areas with specific examples and multiple illustrations without the use of theoretical formulations.
Course level: Basic
The course is intended for engineers or technicians wishing to explore repair methods and the resources used.
Prior professional experience with composite materials is preferable.
Polytech Materials Engineer
Former head of the Department of Materials and Processes Studies at the Service Industriel de l’Aéronautique (Industrial Aeronautics) in Cuers.
Currently head of technical equipment offices.
- Summary of composite materials
- Examples of applications in civil and military aeronautics
- Damage to composite materials
- Aeronautics, a hostile environment for composite structures
- Different types of damage (scratches, perforations, fiber tearing, etc.)
- Criteria for deciding on a repair solution
- Synoptic for selecting a repair solution
- Example for NH90
- Methods of expertise
- Tap test
- Other methods (ultrasound, infrared thermography)
- Repair methods
- Cosmetic repairs
- Structural repairs
- Tools and consumables
- Tooling (repair case, machining tools)
- Consumables and their uses (resins, drainage felts)
- Summary of special processes
- Examples of testing.
Schedelded in French :
à TOULOUSE : 25 May 2022
For the English realization, please, consult us.
€720 excluding tax (20% VAT)